Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Love in Bloom"


I decided to read a book by an author I've never read before. And since Debbie Macomber, one of my favorite authors, had this to say about the book, "Sheila Roberts makes me laugh. I read her books and come away inspired, hopeful, and happy." I choose this book: Love in Bloom, to read.

I've started reading it and it seems good so far. Anyway, my attention span has hung in there for an hour or so. Then I had to put it down and go visit the dentist, my favorite thing to do. NOT!

 I'm back and can't wait to get my nose back into the book.

The book is about a woman, Hope Walker, who survived early breast cancer at just thirty years old, (and this week the news media is going back and forth as to whether women under 50 should get mammograms, oh well that has nothing do to with the story.) but a mastectomy left her with a lot of scarring -- and some serious fears about dating. Hope owns Changing Seasons Floral, Heart Lake's most popular flower shop. When it comes to love and relationships, she's able to work magic through her expert flower arranging...for everyone but herself.

When Hope stakes a plot of ground at Heart Lake's community garden, she finds that a woman can grow all sorts of things there: flowers, herbs, vegetables, and even friendship. As she gets to know the two women who share neighboring plots, they discover that they can learn a lot from one another -- not just about gardening but about life. And Hope realizes that in order to live life to the fullest, sometimes you have to take a chance on love.

Back to "My Reading Corner....."


Wednesday, November 25, 2009


I finished reading "Love in Bloom" and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would give it 4 stars out of 5. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment