Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Eight Cousins"


"Eight Cousins" is a book written by Louisa May Alcott. She wrote it around the year of 1876. Since Louisa May Alcott was born on November 29, 1832, I thought it would be nice to read something she had written. I have already read "Little Women" and thoroughly enjoyed it, I decided to read "Eight Cousins." So down off my bookshelf it came, and here I sit reading it.

 It is a story about a little orphan girl, Rose, who has to go and live with her aunts, until her Uncle Alec, the one her father  bequeathed her to, came to care for her. It seems that her father and Uncle Alec had some trouble once, and Uncle and Father kept away from each other for years. Finally, the last time they were together they made up, and the Father told Uncle that if he was forced to leave little Rose, he should bequeath his little girl to Uncle Alec as a token of his love. So that is why Uncle Alec is now in charge of Rose, along with all the Aunts and a few cousins to entertain her.

I have never read this book before so it will make a nice week-end read for me.  It is a story for young adults and adults. A nice family story for all.

You can find me in My Reading Corner if you need me......

Friday, November 27, 2009


The book was a fun read. Life was a bit different in the 1800s. I always find it fun to read about life in the years of long ago. My how times have changed. I guess I will give this book 2.5 stars out of 5 ***** stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment