Saturday, October 10, 2009

"P. H. Wodehouse"

"Jeeves says Hi!"

In honor of British humorist P.G. Wodehouse, born on October 15, 1881, he would have been 128 years old this year, a few choice quips from his books.

"He looked as if he had been poured into his clothes and had forgotten to say 'when.' "

"Golf, like measles, should be caught young."

"She had a penetrating sort of laugh. Rather like a train going into a tunnel."

"You look white and shaken, like a dry martini."

"Bride on the Loose"
I need a shot of Debbie Macomber, one of my favorite authors. So this week-end I am going to indulge myself and read one of her books entitled: "Bride on the Loose," just for fun and relaxation. It is just a fluffy little book about a guy, James Manning content with his life as a bachelor, a slob, and a sports fan. Then a precocious girl named Carrie Weston decides to play matchmaker, introducing him to her mother, Charlotte. To his relief, Charlotte is as averse to marriage as he is. But Jason's feelings start to change once he gets to know his "Bride on the Loose."

So I'm going to the Reading Corner and read myself silly!

2 comments:

  1. I love P.G. Wodehouse! Ever since I first saw Hugh Lawrie as Bertie Wooster, I've been a big fan and I've read a few of the books too. I adore the names he gives his characters, like "Monty Bodkin" or "Galahad Threepwood". Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Wodehouse quotes. Those Jeeves books are fantastic. Love the telly series too.

    ReplyDelete